12/06/2008

Now in Bahrain

I finally arrive in Bahrain.

After the gruelling hours at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (almost 10 hours), watching the coming and going of Pinoy OFWs in the waiting area inside the terminal, most of them headed for the Middle East, most of the ones I talked with, DH, Mindanaoan Muslims, plus the hours of actual air travel via Cathay Pacific, Manila to Hongkong, waited a little more than an hour in Chek Lap Kok (not a long wait because I was able to access free WiFi and spent most of it YMing anyone who's island that I was in HK) with a connecting flight to Bahrain, which had one stop in Dubai, pausing there for not more than an hour, and after 3 sets of full airline meals plus 2 sets of refreshments, and chatting with at least 6 fellow travellers, I finally arrive in Bahrain.

It's about 7 in the morning. Bahrain is cold. Colder than I expected.

But there is barely any time to meander. I had to get to work that same day if I wanted to be oriented with the job. Elsie, my referrer and supposedly direct superior would be leaving for a 2-month vacation back in Pinaz.

I have definitely arrived in Bahrain.

2 comments:

  1. see you again,later soon or later later, whatever, perpetual island buddy!

    ReplyDelete