8/30/2013

We all want to change the world, let this be a revolution



People don't have to play this down. This is a revolution. Let it be.

I mean, traditionally, political revolution per se is "a turn around" from the Latin revolutio, thus referring to a "complete change from one constitution to another" or the "modification of an existing constitution" but more popularly "the overthrow of the government by the people (governed)".
But a revolution is also "a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving" (wordweb) -- and I say, the 26 August Million People March was a revolution.



The Beatles would probably agree. And the way the million marchers were wary of traditional rallyists, the Beatles song, very aptly describes:
You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out

This phrase, particularly:
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

But I would've wanted to see more grit. More rage. As in the Victor Hugo's people. But I can feel faint their songs. Very faint. I hope they become louder. Louder and louder. And shatter us all into action. Very soon.



P.S. This song gives me the chills. So powerful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment